Received the following error after trying to connect a new Windows 7 workstation to SBS 2003.
“An error occurred while trying to copy the Client Setup files. Check the following, and then try again:
If you use a public proxy server to browse the Internet, clear the Internet Explorer connection setting for using a proxy server. To do this, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click the LAN Settings button, and then clear the check box in Proxy Server.
If you do not have a public proxy configured for the Internet Explorer, then your network administrator must reinstall the Client Deployment component on the server. To do this, from Add or Remove Programs, run Windows Small Business Server Setup in maintenance mode, and then run Client Setup again.”
Here’s the fix:
1. Open Administrative Tools->IIS Manager
2. Go to Server(local computer)\Web Sites\Default Web Site\Connectcomputer
3. Right click Connectcomputer and select properties
4. On the Directory Security tab, under Secure Communications, click Edit
5. Remove the selection of Require secure channel(SSL) and Require 128-bit encryption.
6. Click OK two times and try again.
More info here…